Wickel Bambinos

- Introducing our SWEET bambinos -

Brenna & Karsen

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Introducing - Brenna & Karsen Wickel

The day FINALLY made it!!! B & I left for the hospital Sunday night at 5pm. What happen over the next 27 hours and 41 minutes was absolutely crazy. Here's a timeline of events:
7pm - checked in to hospital and in room
8pm - stuck 2 times before getting a half ass IV and blood drawn. Then I got hooked up to all the monitors, which let me tell you, is not fun! Apparently I was having contractions 4 mintues apart on my own and didn't know it! (HA)
12:38am - epidural in place (no drugs just yet)
5am - Potassin / epidural started
7:55am - water broke and epidural fixed (it was only numbing one side)
So, we labored all day with minimal pain just discomfort from all the tubes and monitors...
Then, the dreaded decision time came. C-section it was going to have to be. 9:10pm I was rolled in the OR and preped. It was one thing to be scared and lonely BUT a completely different feeling when they ask if you can feel them poking on you and you can then they mention they MAY have to knock you out and your husband can't be in the OR...YES, that was a scary 10 minutes! Thank goodness my dear nurse stayed w/me and calmed me down while the anesthisiolgist worked his magic! Braden came and we had babies!
9:41pm - Karsen Wayne Wickel; 6 pounds 3.5 ounces 18 1/2 inches long
9:44pm - Brenna Gayle Wickel; 6 pounds 3 ounces 19 1/2 inches long
Both HEALTHY babies and impressed the Neonatal Dr.

After all that happened within 27+ hours, it became all so real when they laid our little babies on my chest I heared them 'oooh & ahhh'. Needless to say Branden and I are in LOVE with them. They are amazing little people who spent ALL day in our room yesterday and we plan on having them again today. Karsen is a mini Branden and quite the ssnuggler and oohs and ahhs all the time (like a comfort for him). Brenna is a beautiful combination of us and is quiet alert!

Hope you enjoy the new adventure in our lives with Brenna & Karsen!

***Thank you for the outpouring of support from our entrourage that sat in the waiting room / labor, delivery room all day and into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment