Wickel Bambinos

- Introducing our SWEET bambinos -

Brenna & Karsen

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 3

Today is Brenna & Karsen's official due date. Thank goodness they are already here and are healthy happy babies! They are becoming more and more alert and respond to mine and Branden's voices. Both of them are quite the eaters. We're now up to 4 ounces at each feeding. Good gracious! I make 42 ounces of formula in the evenings and that gets us through about 1pm the next day. We're starting to learn each of their quirks. Brenna prefers to sleep on her belly. I'm not to excited about that...BUT she sleeps much more sound and for a longer amount of time. She's also not a morning person at all. I gradually wake her up in the morning to eat her 'breakfast'. Now, Karsen on the other hand...sleeps on his back with arms straight up above his head. All boy! HAHA! He loves the morning. I bring both babies to the living room and put them in their play pen after breakfast and he just lays their and looks around.
As we headed into this week, I unfortunately had a set back. Early Sunday morning, I started having horrible pains under my rib cage. I thought it was just gas pressure but a trip to the Emergency Room 6 hours later proved it to be a spasm in my gallbladder. So, Monday morning, Branden and I were at St. Joseph's Hospital AGAIN for me to have my gallbladder removed. While it was a fairly simple procedure, I do have 4 more cuts on my stomach. Talk about a minor set back! Just when I was getting the hang of being a mommy on my own...On the upside, no more pains or having to worry with it coming back :)
My mom, Nana/Nanny, came and stayed with Branden and I Monday night. Poor thing had no idea how rough it is! She was a trooper I must say. She got up with Branden and fed the bambinos at all hours. I laughed when she looked at the clock and realized it was already 2pm and neither one of us had had lunch! HA! None the less, we where so excited to have her help and glad she got to spend time with us!!!
All in all, the Wickel household is doing well! Let's hope there will NOT be a trip to St. Jo's during the month of May!!!

2 comments:

  1. Geez...I just read about the surgery!! I am glad to hear that you are ok! How all continues to go well!! Let us know if you need anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad the surgery went well and hopefully you are healing quickly and able to get back to your mommy routine! what a pain! Just the other day at about 5pm i realized that I still hadn't had a bite to eat...gotta love those crazy days! haha!

    ReplyDelete